Day 14 - Leaving Qatar :(

Adam POV- Today was unfortunately our last day in Qatar. After waking up a little later than expected, we did some last minute packing and checked out of the dorms. 

We had our going away dinner at the mall of Qatar and also said goodbye to Stephanie, our wonderful guide in Qatar from TAMUQ. Once we can back to our dorms we had some departing speeches from everyone. It concluded with the Aggie War Hymn! Once we arrived at Hamad International, we checked into our departing flight to London and waited at the airport until our departure at 2. 


Saraya POV:  Today I was finally able to wake up late. I woke up at 11:30am and starting packing right away. Some girls were texting that they had already finished packing so I got anxious since I hadn’t even started. And I probably bought the most stuff out of everyone in the group, so I had the most items to pack. After an hour and a half of packing, all my t shirts, jackets, volunteer uniforms, and souvenirs finally fit in my suitcase. 

 


 I enjoyed the farewell dinner, it was a great way to end the trip with a cultural meal. And seeing Stephanie one more time was great too since i got to say a proper goodbye. She had helped me find a lot of good restaurants, a money exchange, and trustworthy atms.  


 

My favorite part today was stuffing everyone and their luggages in a tiny bus. Even though we were all squished together, it helped make the bus more fun since we had something to laugh at. And shoutout to Hannah for holding my luggage the whole bus ride to the airport. It was sad hearing everyone’s speeches about the trip because it is hard to leave a cool group of people. I hope we all keep in touch, but I know once school starts it is hard to stay in touch. Everyone has their own classes, organzations, and original friends to focus on. But I do hope we all can hang out a few times this semester

Comments