Day 4 - The First Match Day While in Qatar!

 Howdy!

This is Hannah and Mark checking in for our second full day abroad, our fourth day away from home in total!

Hannah:

Today was quite literally unreal. I got to go to my very first FIFA World Cup match, something I have been dreaming about since middle school. When we walked up to the stadium, me, Carissa, and Paulina got interviewed and had our pictures taken by four different TV outlets and media sites, FIFA being one of them! They all asked us different questions about our predictions of the outcome of the game. It was so much fun! Carissa, Paulina, Saraya, Kristi, and I all watched Neymar and Brazil battle Luka Modric and Croatia to the very end. Croatia ended up winning in penalty kicks! I can easily say that this was one of the most incredible experiences of my entire life. 






















Mark:

Today was a great day, and we recovered from our late shift last night. It was interesting taking a walk around campus this morning and seeing how empty and quiet it was due to the call of prayer and the holy day for Qatar. Today I was also able to attend the Fox Headquarters here in Doha for their broadcast of the World Cup. I was right behind Clint Dempsey and fellow broadcast members and was even also on TV a few times. It was so exciting to hear from my friends and family back home and have them all tell me I made it on TV I am beyond thankful for the opportunity I have here and to have been able to meet some people from all around the world.































Comments